Chances are you’ll qualify for a Special Enrollment Period to enroll in or change well being plans when you or anybody in your family misplaced qualifying well being protection previously 60 days or expects to lose it within the subsequent 60 days.
Protection losses which will qualify
- Dropping job-based protection, like by way of your employer or the employer of a member of the family.
- Dropping particular person well being protection for a plan or coverage you obtain your self, like in case your plan is discontinued otherwise you lose eligibility for a pupil well being plan.
- Dropping Medicaid or Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP) protection, like if a change in family revenue makes you ineligible for Medicaid or your little one ages off CHIP.
- Dropping Medicare eligibility, like when you’re now not eligible for premium-free Medicare Half A.
- Dropping protection by way of a member of the family, like when you flip 26 and may now not be on a dad or mum’s plan.
Unsure your protection loss counts? Answer a few questions to see when you qualify.
Prepared to use by way of a Particular Enrollment Interval?
- Create an account or log into an current one.
- Earlier than you apply, you’ll be able to preview 2020 plans and prices based mostly in your revenue.
Notice: In case you’re not eligible to use with a Particular Enrollment Interval for the remainder of 2020, you’ll be able to apply for a 2021 well being plan Sunday, November 1 by way of Tuesday, December 15, 2020.